Dean G. Tortorelis, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Tortorelis is a Board Certified Urologist and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been practicing urology in the Twin Cities since 2002, with a broad range of adult urology and a special interest in men's health. He is the Executive Director of Urology Associates Men's Health Clinic at the Minnetonka Medical Center. His men's health focus includes the treatment of BPH (enlarged prostate), E.D. (erectile dysfunction), and low testosterone, along with expertise in penile prosthetics, vasectomies, and infertility. He is also one of the first surgeons in the State of Minnesota to perform the new Urolift Implant procedure to treat BPH.
Dr. Tortorelis strongly believes in providing compassionate care with a personalized touch.
Areas of Interest:
- BPH treatment including Green Light Laser, traditional TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate) and UroLift Implantation
- Implantation of penile prosthesis for the treatment of E.D. using minimally invasive techniques.
- Family Planning: vasectomy, including the scalpel-less procedure and infertility treatments.
- DaVinci robotic surgery for the treatment of urologic malignancies
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for renal diseases
- Cryoblation therapy for the treatment of Urologic malignancies
- Endourology, percutaneous procedures, shock wave lithotripsy, metabolic evaluation for the treatment of Stone Disease
- Pediatric circumcision
- Treatment of Incontinence/Voiding Dysfunction
University of Illinois-Chicago
General Surgery Residency
University of Minnesota
New York Medical College
American Board of Urology Certified 2005
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons 2009
Hospital Staff Appointments
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis
- Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina
- Maple Grove Hospital, Maple Grove
- Maple Grove Ambulatory Surgery Center, Maple Grove
- Maple Grove Center for Restorative Surgery, Maple Grove
- Minnetonka Ambulatory Surgery Center, Minnetonka
- Northfield Hospital, Northfield
- North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale
- Ridgeview Medical Center, Waconia
- West Health Surgery Center, Plymouth
Memberships and Societies
- American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Fellow-American College of Surgeons
- Minnesota Urological Society
- Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Endourological Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologist
- American Society for Men's Health
- International Society of Men's Health
- Sexual Medicine Society of North American
- Minnesota Surgical
Set up an appointment with Dr. Tortorelis today!
Memberships and Societies